At the initiative level, the Foundation has assembled a number of organizations and individuals to foster learning throughout the CBD network and to the field. They will also provide technical assistance and support and align the work of Completion by Design with other completion efforts nationwide.
- Jill Wohlford: Jill serves as the learning and management intermediary between the colleges, the Foundation, and the technical assistance providers. Jill promotes alignment across stakeholders, activities and strategies, while identifying broad themes and lessons to communicate to the field.
- National Center for Inquiry & Improvement (NCII): Led by Rob Johnstone, the NCII brings expertise in the role of inquiry and use of data at community colleges, along with expertise in inquiry-driven meeting design and facilitation.
- Public Agenda (PA): Public Agenda helps to build the colleges' capacity in facilitation, engagement, meeting design, qualitative research, communications, and related issues.
- Jobs for the Future (JFF): JFF provides technical assistance to build capacity within the CBD states to advance a completion-focused policy agenda.
- JBL Associates (JBLA): JBLA maintains the cross-cadre student outcomes data set, collectsdata from colleges twice a year, and provides reports for the colleges, partners, and the Foundation on KPIs.
- Community College Research Center (CCRC): CCRC leads cross-college analyses of the KPIs, provides specialized research projects to help colleges improve implementation at the colleges' requests and conducts independent analysis of CBD data to develop research and tools to help other colleges improve completion.
- MDRC: MDRC works to build an account of Completion by Design's Institutional Change, identifying practical information for the field to consider when aspiring to CBD-like transformation, by drawing lessons from the changes that take place at a subset of participating colleges.
- Achieving the Dream (ATD): CBD will benefit from key aspects of ATD’s organizational capacity, taking advantage of opportunities to align and leverage the resources of these two major efforts in the field. Most importantly, ATD staff will support website development and other key initiative-level communications needs for CBD. ATD brings a broad network of practitioners and other experts—many of whom are also participants in CBD.